Sunday, December 07, 2008

What are the Chances?


I barely remembered my login info...

Last night Benjamin & I went out to see "A Christmas Carol" with Anne & Clint- it was really good. Of course, we almost made them late because Benjamin's clothes, quote "looked like they'd been smashed in a trash compactor," and a few other little hang ups. But none the less- we made it and it was a nice evening. We stopped into Oregano's to have appetizers and dessert afterwards and when my ring brushed my face I felt hard metal. Yes, my diamond was missing out of my ring! That day I had been to a birthday party, a soccer game, Cafe Rio, the play, and Oreganos and the chances of me finding that diamond...not so good. Benjamin was talking about my new cubic zirconia (sp?) ring and Anne felt guilty- like it was her fault. Anyways...now looking back it was a funny situation. When I got home I was feeling VERY drained (and Annie thought I'd stay up all night looking ;), so I said my prayers and went straight to sleep. My prayer was that if it was Heavenly Father's will I'd find that little diamond. This morning for no reason I walked over to a small corner of the house and looked down in my carpet and found that little tiny diamond. It wasn't sparkling- it actually looked like a piece of lint or something. Anyways, it was just a little morning miracle to help remind me of the Lord's tender mercies. It was also pretty amazing that he helped me find it so quickly w/ such little effort on my own.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Such a great reminder! I love when things like that happen & we have a chance to be reminded that Heavenly Father is so very aware of what we need & willing to help us along the way.

Allison said...

That was a great story. I can't believe you found the diamond!

I lost my ring once while doing my laundry at Stadium Terrace. I couldn't sleep all night looking for it at my apartment. Turned out someone had found it and happened to see my old roommates, who recognized it as my ring.

Heather said...

WOW! I can't believe you found it. I guess it was meant to be.

Emily Widdison said...

wow, pretty amazing!!

OUR WILD ZOO! said...

April, what an amazing story- He is so faithful, in every circumstance! Loved hearing this, I've missed ya. Do we live next door to each other or what? And I checked my text too late to see the train display with you guys, BUMMER. Next time?

Let's sit by a tree this week and drink cocoa :)

XO

seven smiles said...

Wow! What a great story. That's pretty amazing!

The Fillmore Family said...

Hey, just so you know, Annie told me about it and I was praying for you too. I shouldn't be so amazed that you found it, but I'm still amazed. I guess we should all have a little more faith like you had. Love, mamajoanne

Babata said...

Great story April! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sidney said...

I love those little tender mercy stories. They are the ones that teach our kids about faith. Be sure and write in your journal(or blog) cause sometime when you're down over some big thing you need to remember all the hundreds of small things.